Advanced Diagnostic Systems and New Improvements in ODX Standardization
The growing complexity of automotive electronic systems makes fault finding increasingly difficult. Diagnostic functions in development, production and after sales are now more important than ever.
The well-known phenomenon of “no-trouble-found-problems” causes immense warranty and repair costs. In addition call-backs burden consumer confidence. Therefore diagnostic functions in development, production and after sales are increasingly important. In addition, reliable diagnostic systems are very important with regard to the proceeding electrification of the vehicle.
Finally, the overall system of engine and exhaust-gas aftertreatment are also becoming ever more complex and emission legislation in Europe, the US and Japan are continuously becoming stricter.
Key issues of diagnosis tools:
- Current and future legal requirements for OBD to realize compliance
- ODX: limits and potentials of standardization processes
- Diagnosis tools and equipment and assess efficiency and reliability
- Lifecycle concepts (developments, production, service) for an efficient diagnosis process
- Model-based diagnosis to deepen the diagnosis process
What other key issues of diagnosis tools can be identified? Leave your comment here.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT THIS TOPIC?
3rd Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Systems
Don’t miss the “3rd Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Systems” Conference,
taking place 27-29 June 2011 at Dorint Pallas Wiesbaden, Germany.