LAST CALL: 6th International Congress Automotive Doors
The design of automotive plays a crucial role in light of attempts to reduce weight and therefore carbon emissions of vehicles. The trend is to replace the steel doors with extremely light steel or lightweight materials such as aluminium or carbon fibre reinforced plastic. Meet experts and OEMs at IQPC’s 6th International Congress Automotive Doors 2012, 19 – 21 March in Mainz to discuss alternatives in door components and materials.
Which combination of materials will ensure a light-weight construction and customer comfort at the same time? Which are the most promising solutions with potential for serial production? A special focus lies on doors for electric vehicles.
Presentations by a number of OEMs and many networking opportunities provide room for addressing the most relevant questions of automotive door design.
The congress covers the following topics:
- Automotive doors today – trends and developments
- Lightweight door solutions – materials and concepts in practice
- Renewable materials for the door interior
- Challenges for noise reduction
- Integrating new functions and vehicle access systems